Friday, August 16, 2013

Answered Prayer

There are little people that come into the world that you bonded with before that ever happened.  These can be children of course, but it can also be Grandchildren.  Through many events, we haven't gotten to see ours very much.  But they are coming for a visit on Sunday and will return home on Friday.

My heart beats with new fervor, the world looks a little rosier, my step a little lighter.  There is something about holding their little hands and knowing that this is the carrying on of our family, my blood doesn't flow in their veins, my son is adopted, but never the less, the feeling is the same.  They are part of me, my son and their mom.

They are so precious to me.  Every mannerism, twinkle in their eyes just endears them to me even more.  It is fun to be the grandma as opposed to the mom, lol.  I can let them eat sugar, stay up late, whatever we want.  They are royalty to me and their wish is my command if possible.  Particularly these two who have not had an easy road of it.  Their mom does a good job and seeing to their needs, but she is struggling to keep their heads above water and my son has been of no help at all, and especially now that he is in prison.  This brought a whole new bunch of problems to these two angels.  My heart's desire is to have them have a week with no worries, only peace and fun.

Before you have grandkids, you don't quite get what all the hubbub's about...then you have them and you get it.  The sun indeed rises and sets with them.  Your heart overflows with desires for a happy and healthy life for them.  

Because we haven't seen them is so long, Sunday is a day I never knew would happen again, like a dream.  I know when we are together, we will fall right back into place, and tho we have no money to do anything, we will have picnics, park runs and maybe some ice cream at Blind George's and a soda at the Pharmacy.  This will have to do, but they won't know we're making do, cuz they're good kids and not spoiled, they'll have a good time, we'll have a good time and we'll all fall in love all over again.  And hopefully we will see them more if God allows.  

My heart overflows right now.  Precious little smiles and hugs will soon be ours.  And as a secondary blessing, they are bone of his bone, flesh of his flesh too, a real life connection to my son who is gone for such a long time.  I can see him in their sweet faces.  Thank You Lord for this unspeakably cherished gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment